February 21-22, 2020
NFTY CWR is incredibly excited to welcome our 8th graders to a one night, overnight NFTY experience! This years' trip will be a return home, as we head up to URJ Camp Newman's Porter Creek camp site for an evening in the outdoors! Check back here for more details.
We Can't Wait to SEE YOU!
*Clicking any other "log in to your account" or registration links will take you to NFTY North American registration pages. You cannot access CWR registration from here, as our registration is hosted by Camp Newman. You may access our registration from the Camp Newman website.
Registration Opens January 6th!
Early Bird & Late Registration prices TBD
This event is open to any Jewish teen in 8th grade.
Registration is hosted by URJ Camp Newman. If you have attended a previous NFTY event or summer program at Camp Newman, you already have an account in our system.
Teens are expected to participate in the entire event. Fees are set at a full package rate and we cannot prorate registration.
A limited number of scholarship discounts are available for this event.
What is NFTY?
NFTY is the official reform Jewish youth movement. As URJ Youth's signature year- round program, more than 8,000 6th through 12th graders participate in NFTY programs that teach compassion, fight injustice, engage with Israel, and build community. NFTY is the safe, home-away-from-home that inspires our teens to become their best selves and empowers them to change the world. There are 19 NFTY regions across North America. NFTY CWR is a community of empowered teens dedicated to creating inclusive spaces which foster interpersonal relationships and respectful dialogue around values and Jewish identity through engaging our peers in a broad range of unique and fun leadership experiences.
What do you get when you come to NFTY?
- Transportation (Buses)
- SWAG (every event has a fun piece of merch!)
- All meals are included
- Fun treats, programs, and celebrations!
- A community of inspired and passionate Jews!
Bus transportation is provided from various locations in the region. Final transportation will be confirmed in the pre-event email. Participants will select their method of transportation during registration. Bus routes require a minimum of 12 participants in order to run*
Participants may not drive themselves to or from the event or NFTY provided transportation. If traveling by car, the driver must be a parent or guardian over the age of 21.
Please review the tentative bus schedule for tentative arrival and departure information:
Pick Up (Friday)
Drop Off (Saturday)
Oakland- Car Transportation
Congregation B’nai Israel
Peninsula Temple Sholom
Congregation Rodef Sholom
San Rafael, CA
NFTY recognizes that our participants may need to cancel after registering for an event. If you need to cancel, the registration fees you paid will be refunded as follows:
Through January 24, 2020– 90%
Through January 31, 2020 – 75%
Through February 7, 2020 – 50%
After February 7, 2020, we will not be able to issue any refunds for cancellation. If you need to cancel for medical reasons, we are happy to offer a 75% refund of your registration fees. Please note that we cannot offer credits in exchange of refunds.
All cancellation must be in writing. We will accept cancellations by email to email@example.com. We’re sorry, but we cannot accept cancellations over the phone. Please allow up to six weeks after the conclusion of the event for your refund to be processed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with regards to cancellations.
- Linens: Sleeping bag, pillow and towel. Optional: Extra blanket
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant
- Appropriate, casual clothing for the weekend. The weather in Northern California during the spring may vary, we recommend layers as well as checking the weather forecast in the days leading up!
- Optional Items: Kippah and Tallit, money for merchandise and NFTY notes (notes to write your friends), guitars and musical instruments, sports clothes if you would like to participate in outdoor activities.
- NFTY does its best to be green. Please bring a reusable water bottle for the bus rides & during the event.
- Clothes for Big Fun: At every event we have a fun, Saturday night social which includes a dress up component. Stay tuned for the pre-event email, which will explain this event’s theme.