April 27-29, 2017
This event is open to Jewish teens in grades 8-12.
Transition can be scary or exciting, just depends whether or not you have a loving, supportive community by your side. Join us as we bring the school year to a close, saying goodbye to our dearest seniors and WELCOMING THE FUTURE OF NFTY – OUR 8th GRADERS!! Join us, for what will certainly be our largest event of the year, as we CELEBRATE, LAUGH, CRY, and WELCOME!!
Registration opens March 20th!
Early Bird: $245
Register by April 3, 2018
Register by April 17, 2018
This event is open to any Jewish teen in grades 9 to 12.
- Registration is hosted by URJ Camp Newman. If you have attended a previous NFTY event or summer program at Camp Newman, you already have an account in our system.
- Teens are expected to participate in the entire event. Fees are set at a full package rate and we cannot prorate registration.
- A limited number of scholarship discounts are available for this event.
Bus transportation is provided from various locations in the region. A minimum of 10 participants is required for a bus stop to run. Final transportation will be confirmed in the pre-event email. Participants will select their method of transportation during registration.
Participants may not drive themselves to or from the event or NFTY provided transportation. If traveling by car, the driver must be a parent or guardian over the age of 21.
Please review the tentative bus schedule for tentative arrival and departure information:
|Bus||Stop||Pick Up (Friday)||Drop Off (Sunday)|
|Sacramento||Congregation B’nai Israel
|3:45 PM||1:30 PM|
|Burlingame||Peninsula Temple Sholom
|3:15 PM||1:30 PM|
|3:15 PM||12:45 PM|
|San Rafael||Congregation Rodef Sholom
San Rafael, CA
|4:45 PM||12:00 PM|
|Los Altos Hills||Congregation Beth Am
Los Altos Hills, CA
|2:30 PM||1:15 PM|
|Fresno||Temple Beth Israel
|12:30 PM||3:45 PM|
|Aptos||Temple Beth El
|1:30 PM||2:15 PM|
Participant Families will receive a pre-event email within 1-2 weeks of the event. These confirmations include finalized travel information, packing list, contact information and other important event details.
NFTY recognizes that our participants may need to cancel after registering for an event. We have created a policy for refunds that considers our financial obligations for the event and our desire to refund as much of the registration fees paid as possible. All cancellations must be sent to the NFTY CWR staff via email by one of the Parent/Guardians listed during registration. We will not accept cancellations from TYG advisors or participants directly. Refunds are sent approximately six weeks after the conclusion of the event.
If you need to cancel, the registration fees you paid will be refunded as follows:
Through April 27, 2017 – 90% of the registration fees paid
Through May 4, 2017 – 75% of the registration fees paid
Through May 11, 2017 – 50% of the registration fees paid
After May 11, 2017 – 0% of the registration fees paid.
75% of fees paid will be refunded if there is a documented medical or family emergency. A suggested packing list can be found on the packing list tab. A full packing list will be sent in the pre-event email.
- Linens: Sleeping bag, pillow and towel. Optional: One fitted sheet
- Toiletries: Shampoo, Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant
- Appropriate, casual clothing for the weekend. The weather at Camp Newman can change quickly! The daytime is generally warm but come evening the temperature can quickly drop. Please bring warm clothing for our Saturday night activity. Additional event-specific packing information will be included in the pre-event email.
- Optional Items: Kippah and Tallit, money for merchandise and NFTY notes (notes to write your friends), guitars and musical instruments, sports clothes/hiking shoes if you would like to participate in outdoor activities, social action item (to be explained in the pre-event email).
- NFTY does its best to be green. Please bring a reusable water bottle for the bus rides.